Sailing the Bahamas...
ON A SAILBOAT CHARTER, VISITING THE EXUMAS AND ELEUTHERA FROM ONE OF OUR THREE BASES LOCATED IN NASSAU, GEORGETOWN AND STANIEL CAY
Take command of your own sailing vacation in the Bahamas. Become the captain of a sailboat and set off to explore these magnificent sailing grounds. If you are not yet licensed, we can assist by offering you the services of one of our certified captains. Or choose to let yourself be pampered and guided by our expert crew; opt for a spectacular 5-star all-inclusive sailing vacation.
The Exuma is most certainly a favourite destination amongst sailors, and rightly so. But you can also choose to explore the Abacos, Eleuthera, Cat Island or more remote destinations such as San Salvador or the famous Crooked Island. Set sail from our main base in Nassau or from one of our satellite bases in Staniel Cay or Georgetown. Your options are endless.
Imagine the perfect post card. Looking out on the ocean. Blues and greens melding seamlessly together. Endless white sandy beaches. Seabed that takes your breath away and beautiful islands which make you feel like you are the first to ever set foot on them. 200 km of island paradise, and in the center of it all, one of the largest protected marine parks in the world. And almost only accessible to you by boat. Great news! You are on a Navtours sailboat and this is all within your reach. You move with the speed of the wind, as free as a bird. Your main task for today? Name the next island you find!
The Exumas archipelago in the Bahamas is a sailor's paradise. You can begin your trip from Nassau, Staniel Cay or Georgetown on Great Exuma island and then decide to sail in the deep blues of the Atlantic Ocean or in the serene shallows and beautiful sandy bottoms of the lagoon.
Our New Bases in Nassau, Where the Fun Begins
Navtours proudly announces the inauguration of our new base located at the Palm Cay luxury condos and marina property. It's so much more than just a point of departure for your sailing adventure. The fun and indulgence start as soon as you arrive; white sandy beaches, turquoise seas. Relax in the luxuriously appointed outdoing areas... Beauty, luxury, serenity...
Our new luxury base at Palm Cay is located a mere 35 minutes south-east from the Lyndon-Pindling Airport (NAS) and away from the noise, hustle and bustle of the congested Nassau city center. No more bridges and marine traffic when you leave or arrive back at the marina. You will no longer have to tackle the heavy currents or the jet skis and tourist boats when trying to reach or leave from your dock. Best of all, you will now be directly in line with the Exumas and only 25 nautical miles away from the start of this beautiful chain of islands.
And you still wish to visit Nassau center and Paradise Island? The excitement is an easy 20-minute cab-ride away.
More than just a point of departure for your sailing adventure.
ActiveCaptain has just recognized Palm Cay as the “best marina in the Bahamas”. It offers all the services of a 5-star luxury marina:
- Hurricane-hole offering 360-degree protection
- Full-service dock: diesel, gas, water, ice, holding tank pump-out
- On-site grocery/convenience store
- Coffee shop/Deli (Starbucks)
- Restaurant with ocean views
- Free WIFI
- Shower and washroom facilities accessible 24/7
- Laser and Optimist sailboats available at no charge
- Kayak and Stand-up Paddleboard available at no charge
- 10 bicycles offered by Navtours at no charge (use on site)
- Free golf-cart shuttle service available during the day
- Ocean front pool
- White sandy beaches appointed with luxurious outdoor furniture
- Children's playground
- Tennis courts—Free. Reservations needed
- Ocean front massage services—Reservation needed
- Multiple pharmacies, groceries and liquor stores only 5 minutes away by taxi
Check it out! You may very well decide to extend your stay at this beautiful resort. Either stay on one of our sailboats or rent one of the Navtours condos available at Palm Cay.
You may even consider Palm Cay as your future home !
To know everything about this exceptional site, visit www.palmcay.com/homes/ or simply click on this logo
Discover the Bahamas on a sailboat or on a catamaran rental as bareboat, simply crewed or in an all-inclusive package.
Do you want to rent a sailboat with our without a captain? Do you prefer our all-inclusive formula? Do you like sailing in a flotilla or do you want the services of an instructor so you can obtain a certification from the Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) or the American Sailing Association (ASA)? Navtours can offer it all to you.
Discover the splendour of the Bahamas at the helm of your own boat while sailing in a flotilla. This affords you the independence you want while providing you with the added safety of sailing with a flagship to guide you, provide you with valuable information regarding the area and support you as needed. Flotillas in the Bahamas are organized once or twice a year. Contact us for details on our next flotilla.
If you wish to explore more of the Exumas chain, you can sail from any one of our bases:
- Round trip from Nassau to the Exumas, Eleuthera or any other point in the Bahamas.
- One-way trip from Nassau to Staniel Cay or Georgetown
- One-way trip from Staniel Cay or Georgetown to Nassau
- Day of your arrival - Arrival in Nassau in the afternoon, grocery, check-in, boarding, dinner on board
- Day 2 - Sail to Highborne Cay, Exumas (5 hours). Swim, visit the marina, shark watching, dinner on board.
- Day 3 - Snorkelling and spear-fishing on a beautiful pristine reef, sail to Warderick Well, Exumas Land and Sea Park (4h hours)
- Day 4 - Visit the Interpretation center, snorkelling, hiking, visit the loyalist plantation ruins, relax on the island's 30 deserted beaches
- Day 5 - Sail to Shroud Cay (3 hours). Visit and swimming in a mangrove river
- Day 6 - Sail to Norman's Cay (1.5 hours). Dive a plane wreck, visit the ruins of the infamous cartel drug trafficker, Carlos.
- Day 7 - Return sail to Nassau (6 hours). Visit Paradise Island, the aquariums, window-shopping, “dine-out”
- Departure Day - Check-out before 10 am, flight home
This itinerary is provided as an example. You may want to make changes depending on your preferences and the weather. Please download our guide to the Bahamas (below), for further details.
Learn more about navigation in the Bahamas
Download the Navtours Bahamas guide. You will find a wealth of information about the islands not to be missed and the activities you can practice.
Clic here to download our guide
This is what life is all about!
« Et si c'était ça, la vie... »
Yanik Aubé and Stéphanie Laniel
Les éditions du Gouvernail
Available at Navtours: $25 CAD+tax
This book tells the tale of a young adventurous couple who decided to pack it all in and set sail for the Bahamas. A short year before, neither one had ever set foot on a sail boat. Armed with courage and fuelled by their dreams, they hauled up the anchor in Quebec and set off on a 5-year journey to discover the paradise which is the Bahamas.
Today, Yanik Aubé is an associate at Navtours, an agent, captain and responsible for business development.